Are you making plans for the summer? Is the current situation preventing you from travelling or doing an internship? Or do you simply not want to miss out on an additional chance to learn and put yourself to the test? Include a summer school program in your plans: it’s a great way to take advantage of this time of the year.
5 reasons why it’s a good idea to enroll in a summer school program:
- You can actually try out a new topic you’re interested in, before choosing it for your Bachelor or Master program: former participants often remember their summer school experience as “life changing” or “a turning point,” helping them make such an important choice for their future.
- Socializing is key: you learn while having fun and meeting new people. Think of it as an opportunity to forge meaningful connections and start building your network. Your fellow summer school participants might end up being your future classmates!
- You get a taste of teaching at the university, getting to know professors in a more informal setting and benefitting from a knowledgeable insider view into a topic you (and they!) are passionate about.
- You experience the university services first-hand, such as e-learning and e-library resources, taking a sneak peek at what your future student experience could look like.
- If you’re a university student, you can usually earn credits and get ahead with your studies or explore an area you don’t have the opportunity to study at your home university.
And 5 more reasons why it’s still a good idea to enroll in a summer school program online:
- You can combine it with school or work: if you choose a flexible program, you will have recordings available to watch (or re-watch!) at your own convenience, allowing for better time management.
- You can attend from wherever you may be, without having to deal with travel hassles and related costs.
- For some students, interaction is not diminished but rather improved online as they feel more at ease to actively participate in an online environment.
- You can practice your remote teamworking skills: nowadays more and more workplaces are integrating remote working in their company culture, so being able to work on teams over different time zones is an acquired skill that can make you a valuable asset to a future employer.
- All professors now have at least a full year of experience teaching online and they’ve experimented with all the best ways to enhance interaction with and among students.
An internationally recognized university for its academics and research in Economics, Management, Finance, Political Science and Data Science, Bocconi University offers summer programs for high school and university students in a variety of subjects, with a focus on cutting-edge digital topics.
All courses include guest speakers and company testimonials who add value to the expertise of top faculty.
There are four different programs you can choose from.
For high school students:
- Summer School from 5 to 16 July 2021, offering 12 different labs
- Summer School in Law from 29 June to 2 July 2021 (taught in Italian)
For university students:
- Summer School from 28 June to 16 July 2021, dedicated to students enrolled in non-Italian universities and offering 6 courses (each worth 6 credit points)
- Summer School in Law from 5 to 10 July 2021 in International Business and Digital Law (3 credits)
Applications are open until 29 April 2021: browse our website to find out more and join us online this summer!